27.8.09

Happiness/Sadness

We've been having a blast this week. Honeysuckle beach has been our second "home". We've gone three out of the four days so far, just swimming and hangout with our friends the Iasaksens. Kaylei has become quite the little swimmer.
Today after spending a few hours at the beach we headed home to get the girls ready for their Acivity Days night. I had Lexi to do her chore of emptying the dishwasher. No big deal there until, from out of the corner of my eye, I saw that she was trying to put a very sharp knife on a shelf that was just out of her reach. Before I could say "Lexi I'll help...." the knife had slipped out of her hand. On it's way down it caught two of her fingers. The cut wasn't very big but it had taken a little chunk out of her finger. Enough to where I could see the fleshy fat inside. Yeah, it was kinda gross. So, I took her in and she ended up with two little sutures in her pinky finger. She was sooooo brave!! After the visit to the doc, she insisted that she still go to her activity. She'll have the stitches removed on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

Poor Lexi, we love you!! Hope your finger feels better soon.